Meet the team - Jen

For our second meet the team we talk to our newest colleague and studio coordinator, Jen!

How long have you been a part of the Maria Allen Boutique team?
I joined in August and i've learnt so much already. I'm still learning a lot everyday and I know there's more to come!

Run us through your average day in the studio?
When I come in I see what's developed overnight - normally there are lots of new orders and enquiries to deal with. I see the orders through right from when the orders are placed, produced, packed and posted- and I love seeing the full process. The best bit is hearing positive feedback about our products and service, and I love using the laser cutter too!

How are you preparing for your first Christmas in the business? I'm trying to become as confident as possible in all areas of the business and thinking of ways to improve efficiency when we are packing up lots more orders a day! I can't wait to meet our Christmas temps.


What is your favourite Maria Allen Boutique product?
For myself, I really love the Mini Ampersand Necklace. I'm a big fan of fonts and typography and the little necklace is really understated and pretty. As gifts, I absolutely love the laser cut Honeymoon wood and leather luggage tags. I'm definitely going to get them as a wedding gift for my good friend who's getting married next year so I hope she doesn't read this.



How do you find living and working in Brighton & Hove?
I love having the seaside on my doorstep and all the lovely independent shops and cafes. Brighton has a lovely, friendly atmosphere most of the time - it's a very inclusive place and everyone's so different. I'm also a big fan of all the great vegetarian and vegan food available here and I love meeting all the cute dogs in the streets and parks. Brighton is the dog capital of the UK and I really notice the lack of dogs when I visit other cities!






No comments:

Post a Comment